11/18/09

Best. Bar. Ever.

The High Life Lounge in Des Moines, Iowa could be the greatest bar of all time. I can safely say that, and I've never even been there. I'll let the bar's own website explain why:

"As the name implies, the star of the show is a certain brand of beer and everything that it embodies. Miller High Life was a culture of its own in the 60’s and 70’s and its allure lives on today. The “Champagne of Beers” outsells two-to-one the next popular beer at the High Life Lounge."

I'm not making this up! A place this awesome really exists! I found it by searching "High Life" on Twitter one afternoon and haven't felt the same about my local watering holes ever since.

In addition to selling the crap out of some High Life, these guys also have a 'High Life Man' burger, which includes a beef patty, Italian sausage and bacon. That burger is all about living the High Life. It's only missing the big dollop of butter.

We're going. I can't say when, but we are. We'll take photos. It'll be incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment