4/20/09

Charles Bukowski: High Life Man

My bro found this photo and sent it my way last week. I think it's a no-brainer that it deserves its own post. That's right folks, what you're seeing is one of the greatest writers who ever lived, surrounded by cases of beer (High Life!!!) and, I can only guess, babbling incoherently to a doll he most likely found on the street. Or complimenting her legs...
If you're familiar with Bukowski, you know he wasn't too picky about what he drank... or what he banged. Any port in a storm. So while a claim could ever be made that he preferred drinking High Life, he certainly personified living the High Life and that's why this picture is so major. Shit, I think Miller should use this in a print ad campaign. I could see this in a magazine with the caption, "Who says being an alcoholic isn't cool? Drink High Life (to excess if you need to)."


No comments:

Post a Comment